Senior Director, Quantum Expert Services
A Senior Director is required to join and run part of the Quantum team within a premium specialist Construction Arbitration and construction dispute consultancy based in London.
The successful candidate will be acting as the lead primary Quantum Expert. You will work to prepare expert analysis and expert reports for high-value and complex arbitration proceedings underway around the world.
As a construction Quantum Senior Director you will work on complex construction disputes relating to a variety of major projects around the world. This Quantum Senior Director role will be based in the Central London office and you can work from home a few days a week.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role as a Quantum Senior Director will include:
- Acting as the lead expert in Quantum matters involving International Arbitration and Litigation and assisting other colleagues, including experts with expert report writing
- Expert report writing and process management and preparation at the highest level
- Leading advisory services to clients seeking to improve their corporate governance and commercial performance, including the implementation and development of project controls and risk management
- Examining documents and giving advice on projects based within various industries including infrastructure, oil & gas and major residential construction projects
- Provision of specialist expert advice to clients through presentations, proposals, and reports
- Recruiting for and managing the workload of your quantum disputes project team
- Managing budgets, finances, fee statements, and handling client negotiations
- Drafting / signing off fees and project proposals for large new projects
- Leading management, development and training of your team members
- Leading client meetings and organising client-related events
- Continue to build the company’s reputation in the construction and legal community
- Undertaking your own Expert Witness testimony as well as your own Expert reports and the development of new leads that will lead to additional work for you and the team
- Working closely with the existing leadership team in a collaborative way to drive the business forward
- Leading as a testifying expert and winning your own premium expert appointments
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideal candidates will have experience working on disputes handling quantum matters at an Associate Director, Director or Senior Director level within quantum disputes. In addition, it is preferred that the candidates will have:
- Experience in writing or contributing to Quantum Expert reports
- Broad experience across a range of construction/engineering projects
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor experience is desirable
- 15+ years experience within the construction industry working on major or complex projects in a QS, contract administration or engineering prior to then specialising in quantum-related matters at a lead or "No.2" level.
- Around at least 5+ years experience of performing detailed Quantum Forensic Analysis is expected
- A flexible attitude to working and a willingness to work elsewhere in the world for short periods (commonly 1 – 2 weeks), although you will predominantly be based full time in London
- Able to demonstrate solid interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust and strong working relationships with new and existing clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong team focus and a desire to develop staff
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines
- MRICS qualified or equivalent is strongly preferred
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent construction or engineering degree preferred
- MSc in Construction Law or LLM qualification achieved or working towards
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This premium employer and long term Maxim Recruitment client company is considered one of the leading Construction Arbitration and Expert Witness consultancies both in the UK and internationally.
This premium disputes consultancy provides advice to governments, international contractors and premium lawyers around the world.
A full profile of this premium employer will be presented to shortlisted candidates.
All applications and conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence by Steve Thomas and Nilam Modhwadia who are actively recruiting for this role and for a related Director Director Quantum Expert Services (Construction)