Senior Estates Surveyor Telecoms
We have an excellent, new opportunity for a Senior Estates Surveyor to join a leading service provider in the telecommunications market. The role covers UK-wide, so the successful candidate could be based at any of our 3 regional hubs, with travel to the others as required.
The 3 regional hubs are; Gloucestershire, Cheshire and Edinburgh.
This is a newly created vacancy within the business division. Reporting to the Estates Manager, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of Lease Renewal and Rent instructions whilst providing support and direction to a team of Estates Surveyors. You will directly interface with our existing client contacts and will demonstrate an efficient and pro-active approach to client reporting.
The hiring company is a leading multi-disciplined organisation capable of carrying out all aspects of the infrastructure build for the mobile and fixed line telecommunications industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
• To conduct all company business in a professional manner, liaising with client contacts, design consultants, deployment suppliers, site providers and their agents, Solicitors and experts acting in the fields of Compulsory Purchase and Valuation.
• To take responsibility for a portfolio of sites and carry out all related activities, including lease renewals, rent reviews, advice in relation to the ECC, client reporting, negotiation of heads of terms, legal liaison and handover documentation.
• To lead, motivate and inspire internal staff, contractors and sub-contract firms towards industry leading results by setting targets/goals, measuring progress, recording achievements and ensuring that appropriate quality checks are in place.
• To ensure that appropriate training is place for junior staff with touch point’s set-up to support knowledge gaps and develop key skills.
• Issue out instructions to sub-contractors under the specific direction of the Estates Manager.
• To utilise market knowledge, Code rights under the ECC and negotiation skills to present the best available deal to the client in a timely manner.
• To meet both internal and client SLA’s & KPI’s in relation to the delivery of key estates milestones.
• To ensure that internal & client administrative documentation is produced to deadline and portrays a professional image of the Company.
• Update and maintain accurate records on project databases providing accurate forecasting, limiting dates in the past and saving copies of documentation to site files.
• To ensure that the Estates Manager is kept updated on all activities relating to the portfolio through proactive use of the company database by individuals Surveyors.
• To act diligently, ensuring that project profitability is maximised at all times.
• Exert a duty of care as to your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your actions at work.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Direct experience of telecommunications roll-out (desirable)
• Direct experience of estate management function, preferably in telecommunications sector, although this is not essential
• Direct experience of client reporting
• Excellent team management skills
• Ideally candidates will be qualified to Degree level or a similar equivalent qualification
• Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or ICES would be advantageous, but is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer are a leading contractor on infrastructure projects in the public and regulated sectors. They are a market leading multi-disciplined organisation capable of carrying out all aspects of the infrastructure build for the mobile and fixed line telecommunications industry; from a single element of network development through to a fully managed network service, they provide a full turnkey solution.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Negotiable basic salary based on experience and qualifications
Guide salary. £40k - £45k + Car and benefits