A Senior Cost Estimator is required to work in Birmingham on Environmental sector projects, initially focusing on flood defense schemes but with scope to diversify. You will be the Senior Estimator working closely with the commercial lead, and will be key in ensuring that value for money is being realised.
You will be working on projects in the Environmental sector, initially focusing on large and complex flood defense schemes as Senior Estimator.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Production of accurate and comprehensive estimates on significant civil projects, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Control and management of the estimating process at project level.
- Production of estimates without management or supervision.
- Supporting development and promotion of estimating good practice .
- Assisting in the achievement of departmental objectives.
- Staying abreast of developments within own technical area of expertise to be able to give best practice advice in line with business objectives.
- Working closely with the commercial leads nationally.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Qualified to high standard in Estimating or Quantity Surveying with proven relevant infrastructure experience.
- Wide and varied experience of construction projects.
- Relevant successful experience of provision of estimating and/or QS services in a large project environment.
- Understanding of project management, planning, risk and investment processes.
- Capacity to be able to use a range of estimating tools to an intermediate standard.
- Experience of NEC Form of Contract, in particular option C - target cost.
Preferred membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a major player in construction and civil engineering consultancy services in the UK and wider international market. They have an expanding civils and infrastructure division in the UK and are commonly awarded work on some of the most prestigious projects nationwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic salary and package, inclusive of a car allowance, private health, and pension scheme.