An experienced Estimator is required to perform in the role of Senior Estimator for one of Birmingham's leading main contractors. The successful candidate will join an established Estimating team within a highly reputable main contractor capable of carrying out a range of projects and services in the Built environment.
The company specialise in delivering projects in the built environment. These will include new build, refurbishment and maintenance projects. Projects will potentially range in value from £250k up to £20m+.
Responsibilities and Duties
- This successful Estimator will be responsible for the provision of realistic estimates for a wide range of company projects, including construction, maintenance and refurbishment activities
- All of the pricing must be in line with and reflect market conditions and be in full liaison with the professional consultants involved with tender preparation
- Value engineering alternatives provided by the estimator to boost profitability or compliance with clients expectation
- Tender adjudication sheets prepared and tender adjudication meetings attended, ensuring all tenders based on estimating procedures and all tender document information available and of a standard suitable for tendering
- Estimating information communicated to commercial teams when tenders are successful
- Build relationships and liaise with key clients and/or their representatives to resolve immediate issues, ensuring their needs are satisfied
- Provide timely, focused and fitting input to tenders, PQQs and other external facing submissions when requested to do so.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Essential experience and knowledge
- A good knowledge of Estimating and tendering procedures
- A good knowledge of schedules of rates
- Experience in Estimating within the construction industry
- Desirable experience and knowledge
- A proven track record of adding value to each tender submitted
- Experience in maintenance and public buildings sectors
- Knowledge of Estimating systems
Professional Construction Qualifications and/or Institute Membership (or working towards)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an award winning regional main contractor based in the West Midlands. They carry out a wide range of projects in the built environment, giving candidates an ideal opportunity to experience working on a appealing variety of work with the company. They offer a comprehensive employment package and a competitive basic salary as well as supporting candidates with their continued personal development.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k - £60k Basic Salary
+ £6,000 Car Allowance or Company Car