Senior EstimatorRef MAX8386 Job Posted 05/06/2019 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Birmingham, West Midlands Salary £50k - £75k + package Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A Senior Estimator is required to join a global consultancy on civils and rail sector projects, based from a Central Birmingham office. You will be the Senior Estimator in a large estimating team, working on the civils elements of major rail schemes.
You will be a Senior Estimator working on the civils elements of major rail projects. Specific projects will include bridges, stations, station platforms, and other civil engineering aspects of the rail schemes.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Achieving the delivery of projects within budget
- Working in accordance with the direction of the Project Manager
- Taking part in contract reviews
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management reports/liaison with the portfolio manager
- Assisting in securing new and repeat business in line with the sub-divisional budget
- Preparation of estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- Assisting with the analysis of business cases, prepare reports at all stages of budget setting
- Assisting in the settlement of construction disputes by providing and evaluating cost data and prepare and agree final accounts
- Producing financial fee report for post contract review
- Ensuring that estimates are aligned to any programme and risk criteria
- Upholding high standards within the team in a client facing environment
- Attendance at design team and progress meetings as necessary
- Contract administration as necessary
- Assist in the iImplementing the management of an Estimating team to provide timely estimating support
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of civil engineering projects in a hands on estimating capacity
- IT proficient with exposure to the use of IT packages relating to estimating
- MACostE is beneficial but not essential. The successful candidate will be guided towards this, should you not already have this qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a global construction consultancy which is growing in the UK. They work on landmark projects and offer fantastic career progression.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a highly competitive salary and package.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend