A Senior Estimator with shown experience in the rail or civils sector is required to join a global construction consultancy in Derby. You will be working on a major rail electrification project as a Senior Estimator. This is a great opportunity to work on a fantastic rail project as a Senior Estimator with scope to progress.
You will be working on a major rail electrification project as a Senior Estimator.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analysis, evaluation/assessment of tender reports
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
- Handling post tender qualification documents & procedures
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Attending meetings as the Senior Estimator
- Potential management of more junior members of staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in the rail or civils sector as a Senior Estimator is required
- Experience working for a Consultancy, Client, or Main Contractor is considered.
- IT proficient with extensive exposure to use of spreadsheets & IT packages relating to cost planning is essential
- Experience of working competently & consistently in a Pre-Contract role is essential
- Achievement of, or your advanced progression towards MRICS or equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent from a UK or internationally recognized university is strongly desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are an international consultancy in construction that are market leaders in numerous construction sectors worldwide. They maintain a vast network of offices on various continents, and provide unrivalled training, exposure and opportunities to some of the most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package, including a car allowance in some cases.