The client is searching for an experienced Senior Estimator to assist their estimating and bid management from their office at Heathrow Airport.
Projects will range across all sectors of construction, including civils framework agreements, minor to large scale civils schemes and building projects such as hotels and other buildings within the airport site.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will lead the companies Estimating functions for their long standing work on Heathrow airport. You will report to the Senior Commercial Manager and prepare Estimates for bid proposals on potential future projects within the business.
The long term plan is to build an Estimating team around the successful candidate, however in the short term the successful candidate will need to be prepared to be very hands on within the role.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You must have experience of working within a for a reputable main contractor environment.
- Candidates with previous experience of working on airport related projects with large amounts of red tape would be an advantage. Projects of this nature are often slow moving and experience of factoring such circumstances into estimates would be an advantage.
- A confident communicator with all members of staff; a team player. You must have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers and have a personable character.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis
- Microsoft office proficient
- Estimating software experience preferably Causeway
A formal qualification such as a HND, Bsc or equivalent, in Quantity Surveying or a similar discipline would be an advantage, but is not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The client is a leading UK multi discipline contractor, with over 45 years’ experience. They are proud to have established and retained a high level of repeat business with prestigious clients. They have excellent rate of staff retention and favour candidates looking for a long term role within the business.