Senior EstimatorRef MAX7021 Job Posted 05/06/2019 Region South East England Location Reading Salary £50k - £65k + package Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A Senior Estimator with shown experience for a Main Contractor or Consultancy is required to join a global construction consultancy in a Reading office. You will be working on projects in the water / utility sector involving heavy civil engineering, pipelines, and processing plants. This is a great opportunity for a Senior Estimator to showcase their skills with an international and highly reputable consultancy.
You will be working on projects in the water / utility sector as a Senior Estimator, more specifically involving heavy civil engineering, pipelines, and processing plants.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of tender reports
- Analysis, evaluation/assessment of tender reports
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
- Handling post tender qualification documents & procedures
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Attending meetings with clients and contractors
- Potential management of more junior members of staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in the water / utilities, civil engineering, Oil & Gas, or Nuclear sectors is seen as suitable for this role
- Experience working for a Main Contractor is preferred however not compulsory
- IT proficient with extensive exposure to use of spreadsheets & bespoke IT packages relating to cost planning is essential
- Experience of working competently & consistently in a Pre-Contract role is essential
- Demonstrable experience on your CV of your ability to perform unassisted a number of the pre-contract quantity surveying duties listed above is required
- Experience of managing junior members of staff is beneficial.
- Achievement of, or your advanced progression towards MRICS or MCIOB or equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent from a UK or internationally recognized university is strongly desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are an international consultancy in construction operating a turnover exceeding £1bn. They maintain a vast network of offices on various continents, and provide unrivalled training, exposure and opportunities to some of the most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive benefits package.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend