Senior Manager - Quantum Expert WitnessRef MAX8676 Job Posted 30/09/2019 Region London Location London Salary Circa £65k - £95k (DOE) Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
If you’re working in a Quantum role with exposure to expert witness work, and would like to gain more exposure to that type of work, then we have a Senior Manager – Quantum role, that may suit you.
You will have the opportunity to work for a highly reputable, specialist expert witness consultancy which contains several highly regarded, industry leading experts. You will work as part of a small team of highly capable staff on some of the world’s most interesting and sizable disputes.
You will work from the company’s London based head office, however a degree of flexibility can be used, with many employees opting to work from home a couple of days a week where appropriate.
The hiring company have multiple leading industry experts running the business and for this reason, the business has a fantastic network of law firms that command their services on major, high value disputes both domestically and internationally. Projects can span across all industry sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be employed as a Senior Manager - Quantum and carry out detailed analysis for the preparation of expert witness reports. You will work closely with one of the Experts and often take on the role as lead assistant to the Expert. You will be responsible for forensically analysing data and documentation related to the disputes and be involved in the process of writing expert reports based on your findings.
In the early stages, this role will be heavily weighted towards assisting the Expert and drafting / writing sections of reports, however in time, the hope will be that you can grow into a client facing role and develop the skills to become an independent expert in your own right, with a strong network within the legal sector.
Typical duties will include:
- Gathering of data, records, contracts relevant to the dispute
- Analysing large amounts of data from an expert prospective
- Reporting your findings to senior management
- Drafting and writing sections of expert reports
- On occasions you may work closely with the Delay Expert team
- Being cross-examined internally on your findings
- Client facing within the legal sector
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prior experience of being involved in expert work and ideally some experience as the lead assistant to an Expert previously.
- Strong client facing skills
- A strong Quantity Surveying background
- Good continuity of employment. Ideally with contractors / consultancies who work to industry leading systems and processes
- An analytical mind
- A passion for a career specifically in expert witness work
- Experience on large scale projects is desired
- Experience on a wide variety of projects would be advantageous, however is not essential
- A Degree or similar equivalent qualification in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying is essential
- Relevant further qualifications / professional memberships such as MSc or LLM in Construction Law are desired
- Membership of a professional body such as the RICS is essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are a small but highly reputable Consultancy providing market leading expert services to the construction and engineering sectors. They have industry leading Experts within the business that can attract work on the most appealing disputes around the World. Their head office is based in London, and contains circa 15 staff members and is growing.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£65k - £95k Basic Salary (DOE)
+ Excellent Bonus (likely circa 20% - 30% of annual salary)
+ Other Benefits
- Senior Consultant Quantum Claims Glasgow, Scotland - Circa £50k - £65k + Benefits + Bonus
- Senior Quantum Consultant - Expert Witness London - Circa £55k - £70k (DOE)
- Quantum Consultant - Expert Witness London - Circa £40k - £60k (DOE)
- Senior Manager - Delay Expert Witness London - £70k - £100k (DOE)
- Quantum Expert Warrington, Cheshire - Negotiable Salary & Package + Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend