Senior Manager Safety Training And Culture
A major HK statutory organisation is looking for an energetic, forward thinking Senior Manager to join their team and drive safety training across the institute and the construction industry.
Our client is a critical government institution and coordinating body established in 2007 to improve the quality and competitiveness of the construction industry sectors and promote good practices.
Our client acts as a communications platform / channel and is empowered to formulate codes of conduct, share knowledge, reflect the industry’s needs, improve labour relations, promote health & safety and sustainable construction and elevate the standards and skills of the industry via funding research and organising vocational training.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To lead and drive construction safety initiatives within the client's academic institute, oversee the development and delivery of all types of safety training programme, including statutory and customized safety training that tailored to different levels of industry practitioners;
- to provide industry insight and expert input on safety elements for all training programmes of the institute, and working closely with all campuses, School of Professional Development in Construction and other relevant stakeholders with a view to uplift to meet the expectations of the industry as well as the latest site and legal requirements on safety matters;
- to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of safety training programmes, drive collaboration among industry stakeholders to review the effectiveness of onsite safety professionals, and make recommendations for continuous improvement to enhance the overall safety performance of industry practitioners;
- to drive cross-division collaboration and improve the safety elements of all training programmes at the institute, including but not limited to the incorporation of innovative safety devices, construction methods, and improvement measures, with the aim of enhancing construction safety performance.
- to liaise with regulators on construction safety matters and carry out industry stakeholder engagement to understand the needs of the industry for continuous improvement on safety training of the institute;
- to provide secretariat support to relevant Boards / Committee / Taskforces and its sub committees and to execute and implement their decisions as agreed with the HKIC management;
- to carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Executive Director.
Desired Skills and Experience
- a minimum of 12 years’ post-qualification experience in the field of construction, preferably related to safety with proven record in contracts management and safety management;
- the ability to develop implementation plans and strategies, manage projects and accomplish assigned tasks independently, timely and with quality;
- strong commitment and passion to improve for the betterment of the construction safety in Hong Kong with sound knowledge of local and international development in construction practices;
- good networking capabilities and ability to establish strong working relationships with the government, the construction industry and other major stakeholders with the view to encouraging the industry to adopt best practices; 5) excellent organisation, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills with outstanding attention to details;
- proactive, resourceful, creative, energetic character and the ability to work independently as well as a strong team player;
- ability to prioritize, meet tight schedule and work independently and under pressure; and
- excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese is a must
- A recognised degree in construction related disciplines, with professional qualification on construction safety would be an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a dynamic organisation that focuses on the construction industry's needs and aspirations as well as providing a communication channel with local Government to solicit advice on all construction-related matters.
This Government organisation is empowered to formulate codes of conduct, administer registration and rating schemes, steer forward research and manpower development, facilitate adoption of construction standards, promote good practices and compile performance indicators.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly attractive salary, package and benefits