Senior M&E Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8326 Job Posted 07/01/2019 Region London Location Lambeth, South West London Salary £50k - £70k + Pension Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
This is an exciting role for a Quantity Surveyor capable of managing the M&E Division of a London-based, reputable main contractor. The successful candidate will need to have the relevant amount of experience as a Quantity Surveyor to work successfully on an autonomous basis, managing all of the company's M&E related work. This section of the business would be equal to £3m - £5m worth of work over the course of a year. You will need a strong knowledge in M&E related work to be able to succeed in this role. However, for those with relevant experience, this is a newly created vacancy with excellent career opportunities to eventually take full control of this division.
The hiring company is a successful main contractor operating in the refurbishment sector. They have a prestigious client base which includes The Crown Estate, and typical projects are in the region of £2m - £10m. Larger projects they are involved on often include complex structural works, building services design & installation as well as luxury, high end finishes. Their projects span across a number of sectors including Education, Commercial and Heritage projects, with several properties even being done on listed buildings.
Responsibilities and Duties
This is an exciting, newly-created role within the business in which you will report directly into the Commercial Director. The purpose of this role will be to take responsibility for all of the commercial tasks relating to M&E work within the business. Due to the business having direct labour in relation to M&E delivery, this role will most likely suit someone with experience of working for a sub-contractor previously.
Typical duties will include:
- Cost reporting
- Contract Administration
- Weekly/monthly reporting
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the M&E sector
- Candidates must have sufficient Quantity Surveying experience to work autonomously at a senior level, taking responsibility for circa £3m - £5m (per annum) worth of work
- Candidates must possess excellent planning and organisational skills
- The ability to manage junior level commercial staff
- Previous experience in a Quantity Surveying role for a sub-contractor would be advantageous, but is not essential. Candidates from a main contracting and consultancy background will also be considered.
- Candidates will ideally have a formal qualification in Quantity Surveying, equal to a HND (or similar equivalent) or higher. However experience will be looked at on an individual basis, based on your suitability to carry out the role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a London-based refurbishment main contractor. They are creating a new vacancy as a Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor with a view to finding an suitably-experienced candidate who can take over the day-to-day running of the M&E related work on all of their projects. The hiring company are a highly reputable main contractor with a prestigious client list. They can offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on interesting and complex, high end projects in the London area.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k - £70k all in package + Pension
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Harrow, London - Circa £60k + Benefits
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Birmingham - £55k - £58k + benefits
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Southampton, Hampshire - £42k-£50k + car
- Snr Quantity Surveyor Exeter - £42k-£50k + car
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Bristol, South West England - £42k-£50k + car
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend