Senior Mechanical Electrical QS EstimatorRef MAX9099 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Canada Location Hamilton, Canada Salary CAD$125,000 Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 08/03/2021 Status Live
A Senior Mechanical Estimator Quantity Surveyor and a Senior Electrical Estimator Quantity Surveyor are both needed to join a leading cost estimating consultancy with offices across Canada. While you will initially be joining them to work mostly from home, it is hoped that suitable candidates will be able in due course to work on a flexible part time basis from on one of their Canada offices in Toronto, Ottawa Hamilton or Vancouver so proximity to one of these locations is preferred although not essential.
As a Senior Mechanical Estimator Quantity Surveyor or a Senior Electrical Estimator Quantity Surveyor, your responsibilities will be to work on a range of building projects to work up estimating and costs for a variety of building projects. Common building projects undertaken include schools, offices, industrial projects and civil engineering infrastructure projects include bridges, transit, rail and LRT projects which can be traditional construction, D&B or P3.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To prepare pre contract estimates and cost estimates relating to a variety of construction projects including schools, offices, industrial projects as well as rail transit LRT projects.
- You will be expected to work on either specialist mechanical or specialist electrical aspects of construction projects as a part of a cost and estimating department working on the procurement of traditional projects, design & build and also P3 technical advisory teams’ pre contract work.
- You will be tasked with preparing Class D/C/B/A estimates depending on the required project scope
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with mechanical or electrical or mechanical and electrical cost estimating is essential. This could be from a previous cost estimating job role or from a more hands on electrical engineering or electrician type of role where there was extensive exposure to cost and estimating elements that were handled in a structured and organised way.
- Experience of using MS365 software is expected, also On Screen Take Off or Cost X software.
- A professional cost or estimating qualification is desirable such as a Quantity Surveying, cost estimating or Estimating degree or qualification.
- Chartership from the RICS, PQS status awarded by the CIQS or a similar awarding body is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This cost planning and quantity surveying employer is long established in Canada across a number of cities nationwide including Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton and Vancouver.
Their services to clients over many years includes cost planning, cost control, estimating, value management and construction loan monitoring. Full details will be given to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- A generous pension scheme
- Work life balance considered & flexible working available
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend