Senior MEP Quantity Surveyor - Expert WitnessRef MAX7024 Job Posted 01/10/2018 Region London Location Central London Salary £55k - £65k + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A leading Expert Witness company are seeking a Senior Consultant (Senior Quantity Surveyor level) with a strong Quantity Surveying background in the MEP sector. You will join a growing team in their office near Covent Garden in Central London. The ideal candidate will be a Senior Quantity Surveyor with some site based experience in the Mechanical and Electrical field, a well rounded knowledge of the Quantity Surveying role and who has an interest in getting into Expert Witness work. Previous experience in this field is seen as beneficial, but by no means essential.
You will work on a variety of projects at various stages in the UK and across the globe, but working predominantly out of the London office with only short stints overseas if required (probably maximum 1 – 2 weeks).
Responsibilities and Duties
The role available is to work as a Consultant within the business providing support to a Director on major claims & disputes in the construction market. A large amount of your time will be spent using your Quantity Surveying expertise to analyse documents at an expert level and assessing any grounds for negligence or unreasonable pricings and reporting these findings.
The majority of this work will relate to the Arbitration and Litigation process of major claims, as well as providing expertise as a consultant over the life cycle of a project. During a year, you will likely be involved on multiple projects and the role will offer exposure to an exciting variety of projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical Quantity Surveying duties including cost plans and variations is essential
- Experience of working on site for either a Consultancy or Contractor in construction is essential
- Some knowledge of Expert Witness work would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided
- All sector experience in considered due to variety of works
- You should be within an easy commute of Central London
- Willingness to learn
- Eager to work as an Expert Witness in the future
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or similar equivalent is desired, or ambition to achieve.
- Any post graduate qualification in construction law is seen as a benefit, or desire to complete.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a Top End specialist Expert Witness consultancy that provides expert advice in the disciplines of Quantum, Delay Analysis, Claims and Disputes, Forensic Planning, capital investment programme management, construction project management, and construction costs management in the UK and overseas. This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to work on international projects, as our client undergoes a high percentage of their work on a global basis.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
This company offer a package like no other. They review their employees under no given time scale which gives them flexibility to reward employees with salary increases or lucrative bonuses if the employee proves themselves within the business. On top of this, they also offer pension and healthcare cover.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend