Senior MEP Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Senior MEP Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - Doha
A Senior Quantity Surveyor with expertise in MEP work is required to perform in a Head Office role for a leading British consultancy based in Qatar. The position is a permanent position and the successful candidate will manage 2 junior members of staff on the pre & post contract work relating to MEP packages on ongoing and future projects in Qatar.
The successful candidate will work on a range of projects but specifically focus on the MEP packages within the larger development.
Responsibilities and Duties
This is a mid-management role and you will report to the Commercial Director of the business whilst managing a small team of junior Quantity Surveyors. You will be Head Office based and in the early stages of this role, the duties will be largely pre contract related.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have expertise in dealing with large and complex MEP packages
- Candidates must have strong pre contract experience
- Candidates will have ideally worked in a Senior QS role for a similar reputable consultancy, however candidates with relevant MEP expertise coming from a contractor or sub-contractor background will be considered
- Previous experience in the Middle East region would be desired but not necessarily essential
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate good management skills and will have ideally managed / supervised more junior staff on previous projects / tenders
- Candidates must be degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification for Visa purposes
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS would be an advantage but not essential. However the successful candidate would be strongly encouraged to work towards this qualification if they are not already.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is one of the UK's largest construction consultancies, specialising primarily in cost management and project management. Their International presence spans over 5 continents and they have a total of 56 offices worldwide. Their Qatar office is a rapidly growing business unit and offers great potential for successful candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa 40k - 48k QAR pm (All In package)