A Senior Planner is required to work on an iconic £84m project situated on the Celtic Manor Golf Course, Newport in South Wales. The successful candidate will be the sole site based Planner on this complex project.
This is a critically important role and for this reason, the hiring company are willing to hire on a permanent or freelance basis. For those candidate's willing to work away on this project, lodging costs can be discussed for the ideal candidate.
The project is a highly iconic £84m state of the art convention centre located on the Celtic Manor Resort. This is a 26,000 sq m project that will be a World Class venue for hosting prestigious conferences in the future. It will include a 1,500 seat auditorium as well as a separate exhibition hall capable of holding 2,400 delegates. The project is expected to be completed in 2019.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Establish and maintain the project schedule on multiple residential projects
• Daily planning and reporting duties
• Build and maintain strategic relationships with external customers
• Ensure that all resources for coordination are on board and in line with the project strategy
• Responsible to review the planning process and report confidence in project status to management
• Perform analysis of work and develop further strategies that can potentially benefit the smooth running and efficiency of projects
• Work with the construction or the pre-construction teams to meet project objectives
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have experience of working in a lead Planning role on similarly complex projects. Ideally projects that include a significant Steel Frame package
- Ideally candidates will have experience of using Asta Planning Software
- Must have a strong character
- A degree or similar equivalent qualification in a relevant subject is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK's largest main contractors with a consistent history of delivery major, complex projects throughout the UK. They have expertise in a wide range of project sectors, making them a highly desirable company to work for with a diverse portfolio of projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic Salary = Circa £70k (negotiable) + Benefits
Lodging costs are an option for the ideal candidate