Senior Procurement ConsultantRef MAX8272 Job Posted 16/11/2017 Region South East England Location Bedford, Bedfordshire Salary £50k - £65k + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Adam Cadwaladr
We are seeking an experienced and qualified Senior Procurement Consultant to work in Bedford on a major infrastructure programme of works. Ideal candidates will have experience on landmark projects of >£1bn in value in order to be transferable to these major projects.
Projects will be major and complex infrastructure projects, predominantly in the transport sector.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contract Management
- To provide expert advice on all procurement subject areas to both internal stakeholders and external clients
- To be active in developing optimum team dynamics within the Contract Services Team
- To support the achievement of both Contract Services and wider business objectives
- Act as commission manager and manage delivery of strategic procurement services to clients
- Act as commission manager on selected projects, protecting revenue and managing commercial risk.
- Prepare client bid responses and participate in business development activity
- Provide specialist advice, both internal and external, on areas of end to end procurement
- Budget forecasting, income management and credit control on all commissions
- Active contribution to regular team meetings & Contract Services management forums
Desired Skills and Experience
- Significant procurement experience on major projects and programmes of work
- Effective stakeholder management experience
- Strategy and product development within a procurement/supply chain environment
- Experience of the NEC contract
- Full breadth of procurement advice service
- QS or PM background
- Degree or equivalent academic qualification
- Qualified RICS / APM or Procurement
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is an international construction consultancy with a global reach spanning numerous continents. They have a vast network of offices in various countries which give them a local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client. They are at the forefront of the industry and are involved in some of the most exciting projects on the globe.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package.
- Quantity Surveyor Cambridge - £36k - £40k + car allowance
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Cambridge - £40k-£50k + car allowance
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Birmingham, Midlands - £48,000-£55,000 + car allowance
- Associate Director Central London - £65k-£70k + package
- Project Coordinator Macau, China. - Negotiable
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend