Senior Procurement Consultant
A new exciting Senior Procurement Consultant job opportunity with a growing UK and international multidisciplinary consultancy with a speciailist procurement division. The ideal candidate will have a strong background across the procurement lifecycle, including strategy development and tender preparation.
A background within Power, Renewables and Clean Energy sectors will be of particular interest.
The successful Senior Procurement Consultant candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside a highly skilled team delivering best-in-class strategic procurement and contract advice, including end-to-end procurement services to one of hiring company key water or power and renewables account clients.
The wider team includes specialists in procurement and contract strategy, claims management and dispute resolution services.
Further opportunities are available to travel both nationally and internationally to service and manage key commissions for the employer’s blue chip client portfolio.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the key responsibilities and duties of this Senior Procurement Consultant role will include:
- To fulfil the responsibilities of a Senior Procurement and Contracts Consultant
- To provide specialist procurement strategy advice to public and private sector clients.
- To manage end to end procurement services .
- Support the development of the procurement services provided
- To support business development and marketing efforts
- To support the delivery of both team and wider business targets.
- To support on bid preparation and proposal documentation and support the work winning capability of the business
Desired Skills and Experience
- A strong background across the procurement lifecycle, including strategy development, tender preparation and development.
- Excellent experience of various forms of contracts with particular focus on NEC and JCT.
- Previous experience of providing specialist procurement strategy advice to public and private sector clients
- Supply Chain Intelligence
- Contract Management
- Public and/or Utilities Contract Regulations procurement
- Commercial modelling
- Contract drafting; terms, negotiation and award
- A BSc related to Quantity Surveying, civil engineering, law or procurement or other construction related field or equivalent and/or be MCIPS is preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Full details of this global, premium consultancy will be given to shortlisted candidates.
The employer is recruiting UK wide, therefore Senior Procurement Consultant Candidates in other locations with the right skillset are also of interest.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous salary negotiable based on experience.