Senior Project Manager CommercialRef MAX8989 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region South East England Location Oxfordshire Salary £55k - £75k + Package Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 23/09/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
An established Oxfordshire based QS/PM Consultancy seeks a Chartered Project Manager to work on projects in Oxfordshire and surrounding counties.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Project Manager with strong exposure to commercial responsibilities. Possibly even a Senior Quantity Surveyor with Project Management experience, who wants to progress a career as a Project Manager.
You can expect to gain exposure to a variety of projects in the local area ranging from new build through to fit–out projects in the built environment, as well as potentially being asked to work on utilities and general civils related projects also.
In the immediate term, it is likely that the successful candidate will be back filled into an existing project in the commercial fit-out sector.
However In the medium to long term, projects could include utility infrastructure schemes through to building projects in a number of sectors including retail, commercial, healthcare and education.
Responsibilities and Duties
This is an interesting and appealing role for candidates with ambitions to get more involved at a strategic level within a business in the near future.
Once successfully established in the role, there would be an opportunity in the medium to long-term and for the right candidate, to become an integral part of the running, managing, developing and marketing of the business as it seeks to expand and meet its five-year plan.
We are looking for an experienced project manager with strong exposure to commercial responsibilities such as:
- All aspects of Cost Control for construction projects reporting to and supporting a Director.
- Preparation of Cost Plans
- Advise and support Design Team and Client on cost-effective methods of construction.
- Sourcing and evaluation of Trade Contractors
- Preparation of Trade Package Tender Documents and obtain tenders.
- Preparation of Trade Package contracts.
- Manage the selection process of Trade Contractors and place orders.
- Carry out monthly valuations and assess variations.
- Ensure projects proceed and progress within agreed budgets.
- Prepare overall financial reports for projects.
- Agree Trade Contractors’ final accounts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have enough relevant experience as a Project Manager to understand the fundamental purposes of the role and be able to carry out day to day duties autonomously.
- Candidates must have experience of working on commercial build/fit-out projects and experience of utility infrastructure would be useful, though not essential.
- Candidates must be confident, personable and be able to communicate directly with the client
- Candidates must have a strong commercial acumen and be able to monitor costs effectively
- Excellent report writing skills are required
- Candidates with experience of performing a Construction Management role previously would be advantageous, but not essential
- Candidates must be qualified to Degree level (or similar equivalent) as a minimum
- Full membership to a professional body such as the RICS, ICES, IOB etc. is also desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an established Oxfordshire based QS/PM/H&S/Construction Management Consultancy who turnover in the region of £2m per annum, having a small office of circa 12 construction professionals.
The company has an excellent record of staff retention which is achieved by creating a positive, friendly and professional work environment for its employees.
The position on offer would suit a motivated Project Manager who really wants to be an integral part of a growing business with ambitions to join the senior management team.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£55k - £75k (DOE)
+ Other benefits available for the right candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend