Senior Project Manager CommercialRef MAX9065 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region South East England Location Oxfordshire Salary £50k - £65k + Package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 06/01/2021 Status Live
An established Oxfordshire based Consultancy seeks a PM with commercial experience to join their business working on projects across the building, civil engineering and utilities sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified PM in the Oxfordshire area to join a professional team of Project Managers & Quantity Surveyors working on a range of projects, typically within an hour of their offices in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
The individual needs to be comfortable in both a team and sole working environment, as the company prefers to offer all employees a level of freedom within their work. The candidate will be driven, dynamic with good people skills and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
Once successfully established in the role, there would be an opportunity in the medium to long-term and for the right candidate, to become an integral part of the running, managing, developing and marketing of the business as it seeks to expand and meet its five-year plan. This would initially be in an Associate role with the potential for further advancement.
This has the potential to be an exciting and rewarding opportunity for the correct candidate.
In the short term, the portfolio of work for 2020 involves a number of fit-out projects in the Life Sciences sector in Oxfordshire with a total value of around £15 million. The projects are being procured via the Construction Management route and a solid M&E grounding would be advantageous, as would experience of laboratory fit outs.
In the short to medium term, projects are likely to involve utility infrastructure schemes as well as commercial building projects, as the candidate takes an active involvement on a variety of project work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- All aspects of Project Management and Cost Control for construction projects reporting to and supporting a Director.
- Advising and supporting Design Team and Client on cost-effective methods of construction, intergration of client processes into new premises etc.
- All aspects of Construction Management ie sourcing and evaluation of Trade Contractors, tendering, contract work, valuations, budgetary control, programme awareness, financial reporting etc.
- Working alongside GP site manager to deliver projects successfully, on time and on budget.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have enough relevant experience as a Project Manager to understand the fundamentals of the role and be able to carry out day to day duties without close supervision.
- Candidates must have experience of working on commercial build/fit-out projects and experience of utility infrastructure would also be useful, though not essential.
- Candidates should have experience of Construction Management.
- Candidates must be confident, personable and be able to communicate directly with the client
- Candidates must have a strong commercial acumen and be able to monitor costs effectively
- Solid report writing skills are required
- Once established in the role, candidates are able to work from home but will be expected to gauge the appropriate level of site attendance required to work effectively.
- Candidates must be qualified to Degree level (or similar equivalent) as a minimum
- Full membership to a professional body such as the RICS, ICES, IOB, PMI etc would be preferable.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an established Oxfordshire based PM/CM/QS/H&S Consultancy, having a small office of circa 12 construction professionals.
The company has an excellent record of staff retention which is achieved by creating a positive, friendly and professional work environment for its employees.
The position on offer would suit a bright and motivated Project Manager who is looking for a long-term career with an established and highly respected local Consultancy.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k - £65k (DOE)
+ other benefits available for the right candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend