Senior Project ManagerRef MAX8611 Job Posted 07/01/2019 Region South West and Wales Location Cardiff, Wales Salary Neg. (DOE) Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
An exciting Senior Project Management role exists to be based out of the Cardiff office of one of the UK’s largest and most reputable Consultancies. The successful candidate will work on Highways and Infrastructure projects up to £200m.
The successful candidate will work out of the Cardiff office and work on projects in the Highways & Infrastructure division of the business. Typical projects will be based in the South West of England and Wales. Project values may range from smaller schemes all the way up to major projects at £200m.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibility, under minimum supervision, as NEC3 Project Manager for projects relating to highways and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
- Lead the project team
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Active involvement on a number of commissions/projects as Project Manager under the NEC form
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Assisting to generate repeat business.
- Assisting to develop new business opportunities.
- Have a strong commercial understanding and always understand the commercial implications of your work.
- Contributing towards project governance and fee management activities.
- Always interact with others in accordance with the organisation's values.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Having leadership skills necessary to direct, manage and mentor the project team effectively
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise. Qualifications/Educational Requirements
- Established knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall project management techniques
- Effective review of contracts documents including familiarity with contractual obligations, breaches and remedies.
- Good understanding and appreciation of programme and scheduling software. Forensic programming skills desirable but not essential.
- Possess sound technical health, safety and environmental knowledge, applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Reliable mathematical ability and accuracy in all your work, and good standard of literacy and presentation skills.
- Client facing experience, including working with clients on a commission/project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject such as Project Management or Civil Engineering is desired.
- Member (or working towards membership) of a professional body (e.g. ICE, RICS or equivalent recognised institutional body
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK’s largest and most reputable construction and engineering consultancies. They have multiple business units in all regions of the UK and are involved in major projects across the various construction and engineering sectors. They can offer talented and committed candidates great career progression within the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Property Project Manager Cranfield, Bedfordshire - £55k - £60k + Car + Package
- Project Manager Kowloon, Hong Kong - Neg
- Senior Project Manager Leeds, West Yorkshire - £50k - £60k + package
- Senior Project Manager Estates Office Kwun Tong, Hong Kong - Neg
- Senior Project Manager Leicester, East Midlands - £45k - £55k + package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend