Senior Project Manager
Our client is a consultancy looking to recruit a high calibre Senior Project Manager for its Project & Programme Management Team based in Leeds. The successful candidate will join an established team of project and programme management practitioners and will play a key role in implementing our strategy for growth in key market sectors across the local Yorkshire / North West market and wider UK framework Clients.
Projects will include:
- Public Sector
- Student Residential
Responsibilities and Duties
• Effective delivery of project management services in a Client facing role
• Lead the management and execution of larger and more complex construction projects through the whole project life cycle, utilising best practice methodology
• Establish and build positive and collaborative relationships with all project stakeholders in accordance with company values
• Act as account manager for Clients providing service delivery, demonstrating your role as a key stakeholder and first point of contact
• Accountability for the commercial success of commissions and/or projects placed under your control; including the effective and efficient management of project accounts, governance and resource requirements
• Ensuring service delivery compliance with company policies, toolkits, and standards
• Provide guidance, leadership and technical expertise to team members
• Manage individuals including performance and development reviews as well as mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues
• Implementing the team business plan, developing business opportunities in line with the team business strategy and looking for market opportunities for new or repeat business
• Support the preparation of fee proposals and bid submissions.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Experience on Education, Student Residential, Public Sector & Healthcare is ideal
• A Highly motivated and collaborative Project Management Practitioner with experience in delivering projects
• Experience with another construction consultancy
• Preferably worked in the Yorkshire/North West for a majority of career, but not critical
• Ability to win work and manage Clients
• Ability to line manage junior member of staff and provide exemplary technical knowledge
• Valid driving licence
• High level of IT expertise
• Able to act as the key day to day client interface
• Focus on delivering what the customer wants
• The confidence and integrity, and don’t always accept ‘the norm’
• Desire to improve in everything that you do
• Understanding of project governance, process and behaviours
• Understanding of contract administration (JCT and/or NEC), and have successfully administered these contracts.
• MRICS or MAPM or similar qualified
• Graduate with either a degree or HNC, in a construction related discipline
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a top 20 UK and international construction consultancy. They are a multidisciplinary firm operating across various construction sectors across the globe.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company pay a competitive salary and package.