Senior Project Manager
A Chartered Project Manager is required to join an international consultancy in their Leicester office, to work on a variety of residential projects. You will be a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager undergoing typical Project Management duties on medium rise to single unit housing schemes, with some exposure to the Employers Agent role.
You will be working on a variety of residential projects, varying between medium rise blocks of flats to single housing unit schemes.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Manage multiple projects concurrently reporting into the Director
• Oversee the preparation of scopes of work, appointment documents, programmes, and communication strategies
• Providing advice on procurement, contracts, logistics plans, construction plans and particular conditions
• Overseeing the contractor selection process
• Processing and developing change control documentation
• Attending client meetings and reporting on project progress
• Providing support to Quantity Surveyors on projects
• Take responsibility for final accounts and insight into loss and expense
• Maintaining clients throughout the course of the project and post practical completion until issues of the defects liability certificate
• Act as the Employers Agent on selected projects
• Mentoring and developing junior staff members where appropriate
Desired Skills and Experience
• Experience working as a project manager within the built environment
• Experience working within a consultancy organisation
• Experience managing projects from inception to completion
• Some exposure to the Employers Agent role
- Degree in construction discipline such as construction management
- Member of relevant professional body such as the CIOB, APM, or RICS
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a top 20 construction consultancy in the UK with multiple offices in overseas locations, that have recently opened an office in Leicester. They are expanding in size whilst maintaining a first class service to blue chip clients. They offer unrivalled project exposure and maintain an excellent staff retention rate.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary and package inclusive of a car allowance, private health scheme, life assurance and pension contribution.