Senior Project Manager
A Senior Project Manager is required to join a first class international engineering consultancy in their London office, to be day to day Project Manager on a £20m - £25m Water project, or be the Programme manager for a £100m programme of infrastructure works.
You will project manage a £20m - £25m Water project, or be the Programme Manager for a £100m programme of infrastructure works.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Being the day-to-day project manager and contract administrator on a £20-25m water project; or programme manager for a £100m programme of infrastructure works
- Supporting prospecting for new work with current and new clients, developing client relationships and working on bids
- Supporting the development of new service offerings
- Working as part of a team to deliver commissions, in full compliance with Company Management Systems
- Deliver work to a high standard of client satisfaction and profitably for the company
- Develop own skills to ensure on-going flexibility and value to clients.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Able to identify differences and resolve conflicts or assist in resolving conflicts.
- Able to identify stakeholders, determine requirements and expectations and manage their influence on the project.
- Maintains good communications with clients, keeping them regularly appraised of the progress of their projects.
- Able to report progress and answer questions accordingly and write monthly reports.
- Ensures line manager is kept informed about key issues.
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Agrees the overall project programme in conjunction with client and Arup in-house planners
- Sets the programme for each major phase of work
- Manages professional team to deliver correct elements to programme
- Ensures that the design meets the clients requirements
- Escalates issues as appropriate
- Manages the processes involved in estimating, budgeting, and controlling costs
- Manages the change control procedure
- Oversees the progress of the Contractor and that he delivers to programme
- Takes action to resolve problems
- Escalates issues as appropriate
- Prepares the handover plan, communicates this to the client
- Manages the handover of completed facilities to clients
- Maintains a register that allows issues to be easily communicated to others
- Author’s monthly client reports identifying key issues, matters for resolution and provides a clear and effective mechanism for exception reporting.
- Procures the design team in accordance with client requirements
- Developing and managing the team
- Ensures the project team works in accordance with all regulatory standards
- Manages the procurement process
- Administers the construction and professional services contracts on behalf of the client
- Manages procedures to deliver the required quality at all stages of the project
- Facilitates risk workshops, manages the risk register and ensures actions are closed out
- A good degree (2:1 or above desired) relevant to consulting and infrastructure work is preferred
- Chartered in engineering, construction or related field is desired
- Holds or can present evidence is working towards an IPMA Level C equivalent qualification e.g. APM PQ, or holds or can present evidence is working towards MAPM
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a major engineering consultancy with a strong market presence in various continents, and work on the most prestigious projects worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Very generous pension scheme along with other market leading allowances.