Senior Project Manager
An exceptional Senior Project Manager is required to work for one of the UK’s largest and most reputable construction consultancies based out of their Nottingham office.
The successful candidate will ideally be a relevantly qualified, successful Project Manager familiar with operating at a senior level. The employer can offer the opportunity of working on a wide range of exciting projects in the built environment as well as providing excellent training, development and career opportunities for its staff.
The client works with a wide range of public and private clients in the East Midlands are from their Nottingham based office. Typical project values will range from £0.5m to £20m in value and tend to be more in the built environment. However the business are capable of providing services on projects in all sectors and on occasion at a higher value than £20m.
Responsibilities and Duties
Our client is looking for a collaborative and sharp minded Senior Project Manager to:
- Lead and provide effective delivery of Project Management services across a wide range of market sectors
- Support Project Managers on complex multi-faceted projects
- Provide support to the PM team as required on all business issues
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of both pre and post contract project management responsibilities, and be able to deliver this service effectively to Clients.
- Experience of both public and private sector clients.
- Experience in working on projects within the Education, Property, Manufacturing, and the Public Sector.
- The ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle.
- The ability to manage a large team.
- A general knowledge of current legal developments in respect of construction and associated law.
- Strong IT skills with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- The ability to effectively chair and minute meetings.
- Collaborating with other disciplines and the client's representative.
- Keeping abreast of relevant legislative changes.
- Managing commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities, together with internal job costings, resource requirements and inter-trading.
- Controlling workload and resources.
- Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice.
- Well established commitment to the profession and proven ability in effectively delivering projects and associated services.
- Knowledge of current legal and regulatory developments in respect of construction and associated law.
- Practical understanding of commercial processes and profitability.
- Experience of successfully managing clients' and their expectations
- Eductated to Degree level or similar equivalent
- Ideally be a member of a relevant professional body such as APM, CIOB or RICS
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will work in the regional office of one of the UK’s largest and most reputable construction consultancies. This is a sociable and collaborative work environment where you will find the necessary support and training to take your career to the next level.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£57K - £68K (DOE)
+Excellent benefits package including Pension, healthcare and other optional benefits.