Senior QS - AirportsRef MAX7763 Job Posted 29/09/2016 Region Dubai Location Dubai, UAE Salary Negotiable D.O.E Salary Band £100,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Senior Quantity Surveyor with previous experience of working in the Middle East region is required to work for one of Dubai's leading British owned Consultancies. The successful candidate will manage a small team of Quantity Surveyors working on airport related projects in Dubai.
The successful candidate will work within the businesses airport division and be based in Dubai.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will manage a small team of QS's working on pre and post contract work on behalf of the client. Some of your typical duties will include:
• Preparation of cost plans
• Tender evaluation & assessment
• Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
• Preparing and presenting cash flow & cost management advice to clients
• Interpreting and offering advice on contract
• Ensuring contractual notices and client entitlements are properly administered
• Preparation of contractor’s payment recommendations
• Measuring & valuing variations
• Agreement of final accounts
• Management of other members of staff, both Quantity Surveyors and Measurement Technicians
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have previous Middle Eastern experience.
- Must have recent experience on airport projects
- Ideally have a bias towards working for a Consultancy, however candidates from a Contracting background will be considered
- Candidates will need to have a hands on approach to Quantity Surveying, despite this being a management role
- Candidates who have some knowledge and experience of dealing with claims would be preferred
- Candidates must hold an RICS accredited Degree or similar equivalent qualification with a minimum of 9 years post graduate experience as a Quantity Surveyor. This is a pre requisite from our clients client to get approved onto the project.
- Candidates must be a full member of the RICS or hold a similar equivalent membership to a professional body.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This company is a dynamic quantity surveying/commercial management/cost consultancy that has been established in Dubai for over 20 years, and offers an unrivalled service to their repeat clients. They currently employ around 90 staff in Dubai, UAE.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
• Negotiable salary (Likely between 35k - 40k AED p/m as a guide)
• 26 Days Holiday p/a + Public Holidays
• Working Hours: 7.45am - 5.15pm
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend