Senior Quantity Surveyor - 6 month contract
A Senior Quantity Surveyor with strong working knowledge of the NEC contract is required for a 6 month contract (with potential to extend) in London. You will act as a commercial lead on site for an electrical contracting company on a circa £2m fire repression project. The site is based near Bank station.
You will act as a commercial lead on site for an electrical contracting company on a circa £2m fire repression project. The site is based near Bank station.
Responsibilities and Duties
Senior Quantity Surveyor Duties and Responsibilities will include (not limited to):
- Achieve the appropriate commercial result through the provision of accurate financial reporting
- Cost/value reconciliations
- Interim valuations
- Change schedule management
- Pricing compensation events/variations
- Seek opportunities to maximise value and minimise costs in line with Company Values
- Measurement and Cost Reporting
- Financial closure of project ensuring all costs and value are allocated in correct systems in accordance with financial timetable
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working for a Contractor on site is essential
- Strong NEC contract experience is essential
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is preferred but not essential. Relevant experience is more important.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company you will be working for is an electrical contracting company that work on various projects throughout London and the South East. You will work through a leading commercial management and claims consultancy for this client who will likely have access to projects in the future on which they could utilise your services for a longer term role if required.