Senior Quantity Surveyor - Expert WitnessRef MAX6433 Job Posted 22/01/2018 Region London Location Central London Salary £50k - £60k + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Adam Cadwaladr
A leading Expert Witness company are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a growing team in their office near Covent Garden in Central London. The ideal candidate will be a Quantity Surveyor with site based experience and a well rounded knowledge of the Quantity Surveying role who has an interest in getting into Expert Witness work.
Previous Expert Witness experience is not required as full training and support in this field will be given. The transition from Quantity Surveying to Expert Witness work is thought to be relatively simple for Quantity Surveyor's who fully understand Cost Plans and Variations and are able to look at these at a highly analytical level. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from the best in the business whilst being exposed to exciting disputes on major projects globally.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role available is to work as an Expert Witness within the business providing support to a Partner or Senior Partner on major claims & disputes in the construction market. A large amount of your time will be spent analysing documents at an expert level and assessing any grounds for negligence or unreasonable pricings and reporting these findings.
The majority of this work will relate to the Arbitration and Litigation process of major claims, as well as providing expertise as a consultant over the life cycle of a project. During a year, you will likely be involved on multiple projects and the role will offer exposure to an exciting variety of projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
Senior Quantity Surveying / Expert Witness - Experience Required
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical Quantity Surveying duties including cost plans and variations is essential
- Experience of working on site for either a Consultancy or Contractor in construction is essential
- Some knowledge of Expert Witness work would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided
- All sector experience in considered due to variety of works
- You should be within an easy commute of Central London
- Willingness to learn
- Eager to work as an Expert Witness
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or similar equivalent is required.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading Expert Witness specialist company that work on major projects in various project sectors across the globe. They predominantly work in the Arbitration/Litigation stages of projects and provide their expertise to clients in regards to major claims, as well as providing advice over the life cycle of a project as consultants. Headed up by Senior Partners with experience of working for some of the most reputable brands in the business, they retain much of their work from previous engagements on Major projects and hold a very good reputation in the market place. Working on projects across numerous continents, they provide great project exposure and an opportunity to learn from the best in the business.
- Senior Quantity Surveyor London - £50k - £65k + package
- Senior Quantity Surveyor - PQS Manchester - Circa £36k - £44k + package
- Senior Quantity Surveyor - PQS Bristol - Circa £36k - £42k + package
- Senior Quantity Surveyor - PQS Swindon - Circa £36k - 42k + package
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Milton Keynes / Buckinghamshire - Up to £60k + package
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend