Senior Quantity Surveyor - Highways
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join a first class global consultancy in their highways division in central London. You will need to be a Senior Quantity Surveyor with a “go-getter” attitude and be able to be flexible within the business as there will be opportunities provided to work on exciting highways construction and maintenance projects as you progress as a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
You will be a Senior Quantity Surveyor working on projects in the highways sector throughout London and the South East.
Responsibilities and Duties
- As Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will act as the key client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value added cost management service
- You will be managing the commercial activities on major work-streams, projects and programmes to deliver commercial control.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of commissions in line with objectives and contracted stage of work
- Planning, delivery and management of all procurement activities to deliver contracts and frameworks
- Management of estimating and cost planning
- Management of construction, engineering, supply and service contracts.
- Post Contract Management
- Identifying and assessing potential risks to commercial agreements and supplier performance
- Working as the commercial lead on selected commissions
- Acting as a mentor to junior members of staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- Highways project experience is essential
- Consultancy or Contractor experience are both considered
- Pre and Post Contract Management experience is preferred
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or Engineering or similar
- Chartered Member of RICS or ICES is preferred but not essential if experience closely matches the role
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a global construction consultancy that operates in all construction sectors across the world.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a market leading salary and package