Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a rapidly growing medium sized contractor who carry out projects in the built environment throughout London. Due to continued success and an increasing order book, the hiring company require extra commercial support based out of their office in the borough of Barnet. The successful candidate would need to be someone with the ability to run multiple projects and have the ability to support junior members of staff within the division.
Projects carried out from this office can range anywhere from £100k up to £20m and will be situated inside the M25. They will all be projects within the built environment, including new build, refurbishment and fit out. Sectors that the company are strongest include:
- High End Residential
Responsibilities and Duties
As Quantity Surveyor you will report to the Divisional Commercial Manager. You will be given you own project(s) to manage. Typical duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Producing monthly Cost Value Reconciliations
- Creating orders
- Producing valuations
- Managing payments
- Sub contractor procurement & management
- Keeping organised and accurate documentation for the project(s)
- Producing weekly and monthly reports
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage their own projects from procurement through to final accounts.
- Should have previous experience of working for a main contractor or sub contractor in the built environment
- Candidates must be highly professional with strong client facing skills
- Strong Planning and Organisational skills
- A Degree qualification (or similar equivalent) would be preferred, however for candidates with relevant experience and no Degree will be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a small to medium sized main contractor who are experiencing strong growth. Whilst being relatively small in size, the business has been established since 2000 and has gone from strength to strength in this time. Now they operate with a turnover of circa £60m and growing. The vast majority of their work comes from repeat clients and they can offer candidates the opportunity to manage their own projects across a wide range of sectors in the construction industry.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £55k - £75k + Pension + Bonus
25 Days Holiday per annum + Bank Holidays