Senior Quantity Surveyor
A versatile Quantity Surveyor with pre and post contract experience is required to work for a design and manufacturing company specialising in storage tanks, based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire.
The company are thought to provided the most comprehensive range of storage tank products from a single source in the EU. There projects are national and International and their range of tanks are designed to suit businesses in a range industries including:
- Civil Engineering
- Fire Fighting
- Water Storage
- Waste Water Treatment
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report to the Director of the business and be the sole member of staff exclusively employed to deal with commercial matters. The challenges of the role will be to juggle pre and post contract activities on a range of projects at any one time.You will be expected to advise the sales team in preparing tenders by conducting tender evaluations based on the contracts issued by the client.
You will also be responsible for managing the projects from contract award to completion including managing variations and general contracts management.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The key element to this role, is the ability and experience to be commercially responsible for both pre and post contract work.
- Candidates must have strong tender evaluation skills in order to advise the relevant departments on risks and other issues within the contract
- The ability to manage multiple projects at various stages is essential
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- A formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or another relevant subject would be desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are a design, manufacturing and installation company specialising in the niche market of storage tanks. They are a market leading company in their industry and work to ISO 9001 standards and procedures. The company is a rapidly growing business and the role on offer, gives the successful candidate a fantastic opportunity to be an integral part of the company's growth and success going forward.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£40k - £50k per annum