Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a Bedford based residential developer on projects the surrounding area.
The successful candidate will need significant residential experience and be able to join the business and hit the ground running with a view to taking over and managing multiple projects.
The client is a housing developer carrying out new build spec and social housing projects in Bedfordshire and the surrounding areas.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Commercial Director you will be responsible for preparing, managing and controlling all site development costs and budgets.
- Maintain budget control throughout site development
- Produce accurate bi-monthly valuations
- Procure sub-contractors, goods and materials
- Payment approvals and processing
- Prepare valuation reports
- Liaise with site team and sub-contractors
- Build close working relationships with all departments
- Provide support to the commercial department
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working as a Project QS, Senior QS or Commercial for a reputable housing developer of contractor in the residential sector is essential
- Ability to run multiple projects and sites
- Ability to form strong working relationships
- Effective organisation and team working skills
- Good planning and time management skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Knowledge of COINS systems is an advantage
- Qualified to HND level or above is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a highly reputable, regional housing developer with offices throughout the Midlands. They have a good portfolio of projects for the foreseeable future and are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic to come in and effectively manage multiple developments.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Negotiable Salary & Package (DOE)
Guide: £45k - £65k (DOE)