Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7092 Job Posted 11/09/2015 Region Europe Location Berlin, Germany Salary €60K + benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join a major international construction consultancy in their Berlin office, to work on commercial office, retail and hotel projects. German speaking is essential, preferably to business level. You will be based out of a Berlin office with occasional travel throughout Germany.
You will be the Senior Quantity Surveyor on projects in the retail, commercial office and hotel sectors of large and small value.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be responsible for the daily cost management, co-ordination and successful completion of projects as Senior Quantity Surveyor, meeting objectives with respect to contract administration, estimating, and bidding to ensure effective management.
Specific Duties will entail (not limited to):
- preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- undertaking costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- performing risk and value management and cost control;
- advising on procurement strategy;
- identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- allocating work to subcontractors;
- providing advice on contractual claims;
- analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- providing organization and direction of subordinate project team members.
- Performing various project management tasks as well as the usual Senior Quantity Surveying duties, providing scope to expand experience
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor working for a consultancy is essential
- A steady career path as a Quantity Surveyor is strongly preferred
- Experience in the building construction sector is essential
- Member or Fellow of RICS or CIOB is preferred
- A construction related degree or equivalent is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is an independent global consultancy offering a range of services to the construction and property industry. They provide project, cost and construction management for clients throughout the world as well as a range of other complementary services, finding solutions that exceed expectations and add value to projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary in the market with attractive scope to increase once you have proved yourself within the business.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend