Senior Quantity Surveyor
A rapidly growing London based main contractor with a turnover of £72m this year is looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to manage a £9m residential project in central London. The hiring company specialise in the construction of high end residential, commercial and leisure projects.
The hiring company is happy to employ staff on a PAYE basis or via their own Limited Company.
The project is a £9m high end residential project in Central London.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be the lead commercial representative on this project and potentially one other. You will work closely with the Project Manager and Operational team to ensure the project is kept financially on track and the company's contractual position is protected where required. You will report into the Surveying Manager who is office based.
Typical duties will include:
• Contract administration
• Subcontractor management
• Management of valuations
• Checking measurements & re-measurements
• Issuing Interim payments certificates
• Change schedule management / change orders
• Variations (compensation/ additional time/ additional works)
• Client liaison if necessary
• Preparation of claims as required
• Supervise junior QS staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will have previous project experience on projects within commercial, retail, leisure (mainly hotels) or high end residential sectors
- Candidates will have a strong main contracting bias to their CV. Ideally for reputable main contractors
- The Capability to manage multiple projects at any one time would be an advantage
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate a stable career history
- Candidates will ideally have local experience in the London market
- Candidates will ideally be educated to BSc level or similar equivalent
- Candidates who have achieved their RICS professional membership are of particular interest, however this is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a rapidly growing London based main contractor. They have a turnover of £72m at present and based on current forecasts, they will double this within 4 years. They have an impressive order book of exciting projects within the residential, commercial and leisure sectors. The vast majority of their work comes through repeat business with a number of blue chip clients. They are a highly reputable company committed to providing training and funding towards relevant further qualifications and professional memberships such as the RICS.