Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8211 Job Posted 30/01/2018 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Birmingham Salary £37k - £44k + car allowance + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Quantity Surveyor with prior experience of running multiple sites in the Housing sector is required to work for one of the Midlands office of one of the UK's largest Housing Developers.
Working for one of the UK's largest and most reputable Housing Developers, you will be involved in running new build housing sites, often comprising of affordable housing. The company also carry out refurbishment and planned maintenance work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Procurement of subcontractors including full analysis and comparison, negotiating fixed price and terms and conditions, preparing recommendations and issuing subcontract documentation.
- Effective commercial control of all allocated projects/developments including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the Surveying timetable, in particular PPR’s (CVR’S), all elemental reconciliations, cash flow forecasts, etc.
- Effective cash management, including the pursuit of timely Applications/Certification/Invoices/internal notices and receipts, careful administration of subcontractor accounts, at all times being cognisant of the need to cultivate effective/longstanding relationships and promote dispute avoidance.
- Keeping the Commercial Manager informed of the progress of all accounts both Client and Sub-contract through to finalisation.
- Ensuring, in conjunction with the Commercial Manager that payments/notices are effected in accordance with the Sub-Contract and Construction Act and in particular, ensure any commercial concerns to the project are identified swiftly and communicated.
- Effective materials control, pricing, reconciliations and accruals.
- Contract Administration – attending project (and client meetings) and ensuring that surveying information and cost advice is provided in an accurate and proficient manner.
- Timely production of the main Subcontract final accounts, including re-measurement as necessary to facilitate the optimum result, evaluation of all variations and loss or expense issues.
- Management and control of consultant appointment and accounts.
- Adhere to all Health, Safety and Environment requirements
- Form and develop relationships with the client, their agent, our design team and consultants.
- Assist with compliance of contractual obligations.
- Effective communication with project team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have prior experience of working for a Housing Developer or Housing Contractor
- Must have strong knowledge of the housing sector - in particular knowledge and experience of working on affordable housing projects would be an advantage
- Ability as a Quantity Surveyor to run multiple sites concurrently
- A formal qualification in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying would be preferred. However, relevant experience is deemed to be more important
- Full Driving License is essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK's largest and most reputable Housing Developers. They carry out new build, refurbishment and planned maintenance work on housing projects. The hiring company can offer a competitive basic salary with a generous car allowance and fuel card.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic Salary: £37k - £44k
Benefits: Car Allowance (£6k p/a) +Fuel Card + Pension + Bonus
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Kingston Upon Thames, London - £50,000 - £60,000 + package
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Hong Kong, Kowloon - HK$60,000 - HK$68,000
- Senior Building Services Engineer Hong Kong, Kowloon - HK$35-46k
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Manchester, Greater Manchester - £40,000 - £50,000 + car allowance
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Hertfordshire - £45k - £57.5k + Car + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend