Senior Quantity Surveyor
An excellent opportunity for a personable and charismatic Senior Quantity Surveyor has arisen to join a construction consultancy in Birmingham, in an office in the Jewellery Quarter. You will be a Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience in the built environment, with the opportunity to work on new build projects in extra care, residential, education, heritage, mixed use and retail projects in the Midlands region.
Projects will vary within the built environment and include extra care, residential retail, education, heritage, commercial and mixed use schemes. Project are predominantly new build however the company manage refurbishment projects also.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Pre and Post Contract management inclusive of procurement
- Project profitability control
- Client management
- Perform the Employers Agent role when required
- Contract management and assist in any claims that arise
- Act professionally at all times as the face of the company and assist in business growth where possible
- Act as the commission lead on projects taking full ownership and responsibility
- Final Account negotiation
Desired Skills and Experience
- Working as a Quantity Surveyor in the built environment
- Experience working within a consultancy is ideal however staff from Main Contracting backgrounds also work within the business, so experience from all backgrounds are considered
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or RICS accredited degree is preferred
- Membership of the RICS isn’t essential for Senior QS’s however should you wish to progress to an Associate, MRICS will have to be achieved during your employment with the business to achieve this progression. The business provides a fantastic RICS programme for those wishing to become Chartered.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a multidisciplinary construction consultancy with 5 offices in the UK, operating across a multitude of sectors in the built environment. They provide a fantastic RICS training programme for those wanting to become chartered and work on projects locally and nationally from each of their 5 offices across the UK.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company pay a fantastic salary and package with an option for a car allowance, + private healthcare.