Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to work on an ambitious and defining infrastructure /rail project in the Birmingham area. You will be reporting to a Director and have colleagues within the project team. You will need to ensure the protection of the contractual and financial obligations related to the client and programme.
This is a defining infrastructure /rail project throughout the Midlands.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparing Cost management reports for all asset classes related to highways, rail and infrastructure projects throughout the Midlands
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
- Assisting Associate Director in developing new business opportunities with existing and new clients.
- Assisting in research related to construction market conditions throughout UK, including analysis of official published market data.
- Working with Associate Directors and Directors to construct proposals for new work or variations for existing projects.
- Attendance at Client and Business Development Events.
- Identifying opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates and products referring ideas to the appropriate Director.
- Ensuring the key information and learning generated from each commission is inputted into internal database and shared amongst the team.
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan.
- Ensuring the final accounts are negotiated and agreed.
- Participate in staff performance reviews.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Client interfacing experience
- Mentoring experience.
- Good understanding of highways, rail and infrastructure.
- Ability to negotiate the work effectively as part of a team.
- Management of Target Cost Contracts
- Degree Qualified
- MRICS or MCICES
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a market leading global construction consultancy. They provide top of the range consultancy services to their clients, and also provide great project exposure unlike many of the larger consultancies.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance, mileage paid for, and other great benefits.