Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to work for one of the most respected residential developers in the UK. This is a permanent role and you will need to some experience of working for a housing development. You will work out of the company's Head Office in Brentwood, Essex whilst working on projects in the South East region.
The successful candidate would be office based in Essex, but will be required to travel to sites where necessary. You will work on new build residential projects in the South East of the UK. Mainly in areas outside of the M25 such as Essex, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report to the Commercial Director for the region and act as the lead Quantity Surveyor on a 35 unit housing development in the region. You will be Head Office based but you will be required to travel to site on a regular basis.
Specific Duties will include:
• Attends design team meetings and development meetings when appropriate and also main contract pre-start and subcontract package review meetings.
• Liaises with Development Surveyors to establish requirements for pre-contract expenditure and strategic procurement.
• Liaises with estimating department to determine allowances in tender sum for specification and employer’s requirements.
• Receive initial tender information and prepare and update procurement programmes.
• Agrees selection of suitable Subcontractors for works packages. Approves the competency of Subcontractors for inclusion on the Subcontractor’s Approved List. Maintains and reviews the Approved List of Subcontractors in accordance with the Departmental procedures.
• Prepares Production Forecast cash flow and monitors on monthly basis also client cashflows where appropriate.
• Prepares and agrees documents for the basis of valuation with Client’s Agent (e.g. Stage Payment Schedule, Tick off etc).
• Prepares Subcontract tender documentation, analyses tender returns and makes recommendations on subcontractor selection.
• Prepares and monitors subcontract documentation and warranties for eventual engrossment by parties to the contract.
• Agreeing final accounts
• Processes and authorises subcontractor certificates for payment up to appropriate value.
• Liaise with contract buyer to determine allowances within budget for the direct procurement of materials and monitor material purchasing costs and incorporate in contract financial reports.
• Applies for retention releases in accordance with relevant contract retention release clauses.
• Liaises with Estimating Department to communicate pose tender feedback on savings / price increases established through subcontract procurement.
• Prepares and submits notices and applications for Client / Agent for Extension of Time claims.
• Attends contract review meeting providing reports on matter which affected the profitability of the contract.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have worked as a Quantity Surveyor for a residential developer previously
- Candidates should be able to perform pre and post contract Quantity Surveying duties with minimum supervision
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Strong working individually and as part of a team
- Strong Planning and organisational skills are essential
- Candidates should have a formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are one of the most respected residential developers in the UK and have a particularly strong presence in the South East and North West of the UK. They have operated in this sector for 55 years and are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£45k - £60k (DOE) Basic Salary +Car or Car Allowance + Pension + Private Healthcare (After 6 Months Service)