Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join a global construction consultancy in Bristol, in the buildings division. You will work in a client facing role across construction projects across a range of projects, in private and public sectors.
Projects will vary but include commercial offices, residential, law and order, education, health, sports, and retail.
Responsibilities and Duties
- assisting in the development of programmes for the delivery of services
- preparation of estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- provision of financial advices including the impact of inflation
- providing estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- preparation of standard documentation – reports, valuations, letters, financial statement
- preparation of tender and contract documents and participating in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer
- analysis of tenders and preparing tender reports
- preparation of valuations and financial statements; re-measure as necessary and adjust variations
- assisting in the settlement of construction disputes and prepare and agree final accounts
- attending appropriate design team and progress meetings as and when required
- providing support and mentoring to junior members of the team
Desired Skills and Experience
• proven skills and experience of delivering within a Cost Consultancy whilst managing high value contracts within the building industry is essential
• able to demonstrate experience of pre contract surveying duties on building projects
• proficient in using NEC forms of contract
• ability to build relationships both with internal management and externally with key client stakeholders
• experienced in making decisions and presenting findings back to the client and internal stakeholders
• experience mentoring junior staff
• degree qualified in a quantity surveying subject (or equivalent)
• MRICS/MCIOB qualified
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a global construction management, engineering and development consultancy. They deliver projects in 150 countries across Africa, Asia Pacific and Australasia, Europe, the Middle East, North and South America, and South Asia. Despite the corporate size, their clients and employees get the kind of openness, friendliness and personal commitment you might associate with a much smaller business. They are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at the company.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package.