Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor vacancy exists with one of the UK’s largest main contractors, to work within their Highways Division on a new road & bridge project based near Burton-On-Trent. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor with a good pedigree in delivering value on Highways projects. You will work for one of the UK’s largest and most reputable main contractors on exciting Highways related projects ranging between £1m - £25m.
Your original role will be as Senior Quantity Surveyor on A £10M road & bridge project in the Burton-On-Trent area. You will be employed within the company’s Highways division and in the future. You will be expected to work on projects in the region of £1m- £25m.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will report to the Managing QS on this projects and typical duties will include:
• Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts by preparing detailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevant measurement standards.
• Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
• Providing detailed record and valuation of work executed with application of principles of cash maximisation and issuing of draft invoices to Sales Ledger Department and advising of agreed valuations dates.
• Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes by agreement of subcontract valuations and completion of regular and timely payment certificates.
• Recognising and advising Site Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
• Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense by maintaining records of resource allocation including labour plant and materials and reviewing subcontract correspondence for delay and loss and/or expense claims.
• Preparation of claim documentation & information for submission to Clients/ Consultants within required timescales.
• Satisfying Client deadlines for estimates and quotations whilst applying principles of profit maximisation and protecting Companies interests.
• Preparation of tender enquiry documents for the procurement of subcontractors and assist with the subcontract buyers through to placement of order.
• Understanding and advising on the terms and conditions of the main contract and also the subcontract, which may also include negotiation with the subcontractor for the agreement thereof.
• Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
• Provision of various standard reports for all reporting tasks and providing them within accordance to the agreed times and frequency. These will include:
- Financial reporting
- Cash flow
- Margin Analysis
- Turnover forecasts
Desired Skills and Experience
Particular experience that is required to suitably fulfil this role:
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor working on Highways projects
- Previous experience using NEC form of contract is desired
- Degree qualified or similar equivalent qualification
- A member of a Professional body or working towards (i.e. RICS, CIOB etc)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK’s largest and reputable main contractors. As a group of businesses, they work within all sectors of the UK construction industry. You will work within the Highways division of the business which delivers in excess of £100m worth of work and has strong relationships with the Highways Agency and many local authorities up and down the country.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£45k - £55k + Car / Car allowance