Senior Quantity Surveyor
One of the UK's most highly respected main contractors requires a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their Cambridge office. The successful candidate will join a busy business unit delivering complex projects in the Cambridgeshire area.
This business unit typically delivers projects in the built environment, including commercial, educational and residential developments between £3m - £40m in value. These projects will largely be within the Cambridgeshire area, sometimes including projects into surrounding counties including into East Anglia.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Senior Quantity Surveyor the successful candidate will be expected to be capable of commercially managing projects up to circa £20m in value and managing a small commercial team.
Typical duties include:
- Management of junior staff members
- Sub-Contract Management
- Prepare commercial reports and forecasts for senior management
- Dealing with contractual issues
- Assess risk and entitlement in contracts and act accordingly
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have experience in a similar position with a reputable national or regional contractor
- Experience of being commercially responsible for your own project(s) is essential
- Candidates will have had exposure to new build projects. However exceptional candidates from a refurbishment / fit-out background may be considered
- Candidates should be ambitious and driven individuals
- Proven capability of being able to successfully manage and mentor junior Quantity Surveyors
- Excellent communication skills are required
- A degree or similar equivalent qualification is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK's most respected contractors. They have a reputation for being a fantastic employer and nationally, they have delivered signature projects across the UK. The Cambridgeshire office deals with smaller to medium sized projects ranging between £3m - £40m, typically in the built environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£40k - £60k (Depending on experience)