Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8027 Job Posted 27/11/2017 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Cambridge Salary £45k - £50k + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Adam Cadwaladr
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a recently opened Cambridge office of a leading UK construction consultancy. Due to the nature of the office, you will have access to fast progression within into senior management roles. You will be able to assist in the growth of the multi-disciplinary business in the region, whilst undergoing the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor on building sector projects.
You will be working on various projects in the built environment. 70% of the work they do is in the Residential sector but you will not be limited to this.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for a range of pre and post contract surveying duties including:
• Budget estimating
• Preparation of tender documents
• Reporting on tenders
• Assembly of contract documentation
• Cost reporting
• Interim valuations
• Agreement of final accounts
• Management of staff when necessary
• Assist in growing the office presence in the region
Desired Skills and Experience
- You should have a proven track record as a Quantity Surveyor on projects from a consultancy perspective from pre contract through to final account
- Building sector experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Applicants should be degree qualified as a preference
- Chartered, or working towards completion of your APC in order to achieve MRICS status
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a UK market leader in construction consultancy services. They have various offices in the UK and around 250 staff, and provide Cost Management, Project Management, Architectural, M&E and Building Surveying services. You will be joining an office that has recently opened within the past few years and grown in numbers since its creation. This means that any employees joining in the near future will have access to unrivalled career progression into senior roles as they grow with the office in the region.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend