Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8362 Job Posted 12/02/2018 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Central Birmingham Salary £45k - £60k + Excellent Benefits Package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
This is an interesting and unique role that combines general Cost Consulting with Bank Monitoring duties. You will work for a leading Property Consultancy based in the central Birmingham. We are looking to hire a highly skilled Chartered Quantity Surveying professional. The ideal candidate will have experience gained within private practice or within a house builder. You will have excellent commercial and residential experience and will work on a portfolio of challenging projects. You will be highly motivated and will have a proven ability to provide high quality service to clients. This opportunity offers excellent career prospects with rapid progression in a vibrant office.
You will work on a range of challenging projects in the property sector, predominantly within the Midlands area.
Responsibilities and Duties
Bank Monitoring and Cost Consultancy:
You will need to be able to demonstrate experience of the Procurement and Development process through feasibility to practical completion, whilst providing accurate and up to date costing information. You will be analytical, have a flair for numerical data and be prepared to assume responsibility from Procurement to final account.
• Manage and undertake a portfolio of development monitoring projects from initial pre lending appraisal through to completion of the developments;
• Undertaking the initial appraisal of the proposed development comprising a review of the Borrower’s cost plan and a detailed risk analysis of every aspect of the proposed development to assess the risks to the Bank/Funder;
• Prepare the initial appraisal report to clearly identify our assessment of the potential risks and shortcomings in the Borrower’s proposals and our recommendations on the actions and precautions that can be taken to protect the interests of the Bank/Funder;
• Undertaking regular site inspections, attending progress meetings and valuation meetings and prepare monthly progress reports for the Bank/Funder; and
• Approve valuation and drawdowns.
• Prepare initial and subsequent cost estimates for the construction and associated costs of specified projects;
• Administer and prepare progress payments throughout the duration of the project and final accounts at completion;
• Advise on and prepare appropriate forms of contract documentation to ensure that clients’ interests are protected at all times;
• Undertake QS pre and post contract roles for project related work;
• Manage the financial aspects of the building contract and advise on so the work can be approved where necessary and the budget/payments are amended accordingly;
• Monitor cash flow and expenditure against approved budgets ensuring any shortfall is fully explained and appropriate supplemental budgets applied for and obtained;
• Provide cost advisory support to Building and other business units and support cross team proposals/tenders;
• Undertake RCAs for Building and other business units including Corporate Recovery and Valuation, the latter being of some large scale assessments of properties/portfolios in the UK and abroad
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of the residential development process would be advantageous;
- Ability to demonstrate core QS skills and operate in a commercial context such as preparation of estimates, cost plans, budgets, cashflow forecasts, RCAs, interim and final accounts, valuations and payment certificates etc.;
- Experience of acting as a bank monitoring surveyor would be advantageous;
- Client facing with good relationship-building/networking skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good presentation and client skills;
- Ability to write technical reports
- Ability to work unsupervised;
- Analytical and thorough;
- Knowledge of forms of appointments and collateral warranties
- Cost experience of a wide range of buildings.
- It is essential that anyone applying for the above role will be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification
- The hiring company would strongly prefer candidates to be a member of a professional body such as the RICS (MRICS).
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are a large Property Consultancy with offices throughout the UK. This position will to be work within their Central Birmingham Office, which is walking distance from Birmingham New Street Train Station. This is a highly professional and reputable employer and would suit similarly minded Quantity Surveyors. Particularly Quantity Surveyors with some experience in a bank Monitoring role, who would like to do more work in this niche role.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£45K - £60K
+ Car / Travel Allowance
+5% Contributory Pension Scheme
+ 25 Days Anuual Leave
+ Private Medical Cover
+ Benefit option (i.e buy & sell annual leave, gym membership etc)
+ Interest free loans on season tickets can be arranged for candidates wanted to travel by rail
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Bristol, South West - £45k - £55k + package
- Senior Quantity Surveyor London - £60k - £63k + benefits
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Harrow, London - Circa £60k + Benefits
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Birmingham - £55k - £58k + benefits
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Southampton, Hampshire - £42k-£50k + car
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend