Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8362 Job Posted 23/05/2018 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Central Birmingham Salary £45k - £55k + £5,243 Car Allowance Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
Due to continued growth, a Chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to carry out a Bank Monitoring role for a market leading property consultant based in Birmingham.
The client is looking to hire a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with experience in the property / residential sector. You will manage a portfolio of development monitoring projects from the initial pre-lending appraisal, through to the completion of developments.
The successful candidate will work for a market leader within the property sector. The employer is a forward thinking company, with a vibrant Central Birmingham-based office and they offer considerable opportunity for career growth within a highly successful team.
You will manage a portfolio of developments likely for one or more clients who are likely to be leading banks or specialist funding organisations within the property sector.
You will be office based, but will be required to visit each of your sites once a month. You will be given the freedom to work remotely from home where needed. The company has just invested £5m as a business to allow effective remote working for their employees, therefore opening this role up to candidates slightly outside the typical commuting distance to Birmingham.
Note: You will be required to commute into Birmingham at least 1 day per week to attend meetings and discuss progress.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role on offer combines and incorporates the Bank Monitoring role with the traditional QS role. Typical duties may include:
• Manage and undertake a portfolio of development monitoring projects from initial pre lending appraisal through to completion of the developments;
• Undertaking the initial appraisal of the proposed development comprising a review of the Borrower’s cost plan and a detailed risk analysis of every aspect of the proposed development to assess the risks to the Bank/Funder;
• Prepare the initial appraisal report to clearly identify our assessment of the potential risks and shortcomings in the Borrower’s proposals and our recommendations on the actions and precautions that can be taken to protect the interests of the Bank/Funder;
• Undertaking regular site inspections, attending progress meetings and valuation meetings and prepare monthly progress reports for the Bank/Funder; and
• Approve valuation and drawdowns.
• Prepare initial and subsequent cost estimates for the construction and associated costs of specified projects;
• Administer and prepare progress payments throughout the duration of the project and final accounts at completion;
• Advise on and prepare appropriate forms of contract documentation to ensure that clients’ interests are protected at all times;
• Undertake QS pre and post contract roles for project related work;
• Manage the financial aspects of the building contract and advise on so the work can be approved where necessary and the budget/payments are amended accordingly;
• Monitor cash flow and expenditure against approved budgets ensuring any shortfall is fully explained and appropriate supplemental budgets applied for and obtained;
• Provide cost advisory support to Building and other business units and support cross team proposals/tenders;
• Undertake RCAs for Building and other business units including Corporate Recovery and Valuation, the latter being of some large scale assessments of properties/portfolios in the UK and abroad
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of the residential development process would be advantageous;
- Ability to demonstrate core QS skills and operate in a commercial context such as preparation of estimates, cost plans, budgets, cashflow forecasts, RCAs, interim and final accounts, valuations and payment certificates etc.;
- Experience of acting as a bank monitoring surveyor would be advantageous;
- Client facing with good relationship-building/networking skills;
- Analytical and thorough;
- Good presentation and client skills;
- Ability to write technical reports
- Ability to work unsupervised;
- Knowledge of forms of appointments and collateral warranties
- Cost experience of a wide range of buildings.
- It is essential that anyone applying for the above role will be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification
- It is essential that anyone applying for the above role must be a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with membership to a relevant professional body such as the RICS
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are a market leading Property Consultancy with offices throughout the UK. They have 390 people employed from their Birmingham office alone. They are one of the oldest and most highly regarded providers of the Bank Monitoring Service and have seen a steady rise in turnover year on year for the last decade. They offer an appealing role within a highly respected, forward thinking, successful business for a like-minded, professional candidates who are interested in a career in bank Monitoring work.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£45K - £55k
+ £5,243 Car Allowance
+ Up to 5% Contributory Pension Scheme
+ 25 Days Annual Leave
+ Private Medical Cover
+ Benefit option (i.e buy & sell annual leave, gym membership etc)
+ Interest free loans on season tickets can be arranged for candidates wanted to travel by rail
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Bristol, South West - £45k - £55k + package
- Senior Quantity Surveyor London - £60k - £63k + benefits
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Harrow, London - Circa £60k + Benefits
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Birmingham - £55k - £58k + benefits
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Southampton, Hampshire - £42k-£50k + car
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend