Senior Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- A major transport infrastructure project in London
- Full Quantity Surveying duties reporting to the Project Commercial Manager
- Commercial management of subcontractors including processing payments
- Monitor the timely production of reliable cost reports
- Produce and present monthly / quarterly reports including cashflow information.
- Engage in discussions concerning project performance and provide commercial input to project strategy.
- Ensure applications for payment are made in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
- Provide commercial advice to the site team in connection with all project issues and provide input to area commercial discussions and reviews.
- Provide input to project start-up and close-out meetings.
- Assist with contract vetting and provide input to sub-contract documentation.
- Provide training and mentoring of staff
- Liaise with external consultants as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in a QS & Senior Quantity Surveyor role and ready to work on a challenging project.
- Experience in managing junior QS staff
- Evidence of involvement in and understanding of construction law and the interpretation of contracts
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A highly regarded national civil engineering contractor with a range of work including bridge, road/highway, tunnel, rail and other infrastructure works.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
They offer a generous salary package & encourage professional development.