Senior Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Senior Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - London
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join a market leading construction consultancy in their busy London office, taking the lead on large scale commercial fit-out projects. You will gain fantastic project exposure as a Quantity Surveyor and have the opportunity to thrive and progress into an Associate Director in the future with this growing international company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To perform the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor, taking responsibility for start to finish project delivery, often with respect to larger complex commissions.
- To act as the key client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management and quantity surveying service.
- Be a Quantity Surveyor who assists in business development, bid writing and work winning, utilizing market knowledge to fuel sector growth.
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving the specialist Value Management team
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Working with Directors to construct bids for new work
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor working for a consultancy is essential
- A steady career path as a Quantity Surveyor is strongly preferred
- Experience in the commercial sector is preferred but not essential
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor on fit-out projects of some form is preferred
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar is desired but not essential
- Full or on route to full membership of the RICS or InstCES is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a leading international construction and management consultancy with offices across several continents. They provide Cost Management, Project Management, Management Consultancy and Contract Services to public and private sectors in property, infrastructure and natural resources.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a leading benefit package including a car allowance, pension, and health cover.