Senior Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Senior Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - London
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join the high-end residential sector of a leading international construction consultancy in their large London office, taking a senior role on large high-end residential projects across London. You will gain fantastic project exposure as a Senior Quantity Surveyor and have the opportunity to thrive and progress into an Associate role in the future with this growing international company.
You will work on projects in the high-end residential sector that exceed well over £100m+.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To perform the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor, taking responsibility for start to finish project delivery, often with respect to larger complex commissions.
- To act as the key client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management and quantity surveying service.
- Be a Senior Quantity Surveyor who assists in business development, bid writing and work winning, utilizing market knowledge to fuel sector growth.
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving the specialist Value Management team
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Working with Directors to construct bids for new work
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor working for a consultancy is essential
- A steady career path as a Quantity Surveyor is strongly preferred
- Experience in the high-end residential sector is preferred but not essential
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar is desired but not essential
- Full or on route to full membership of the RICS is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is an independent global consultancy offering a range of services to the construction and property industry. They provide project, cost and construction management for clients throughout the world as well as a range of other complementary services, finding solutions that exceed expectations and add value to projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 27 days holiday + bank holiday and Christmas breaks
- Pension contribution on 3% – 5%
- 85% healthcare coverage
- Ride to work scheme
- £250 leisure voucher
- Childcare vouchers if required
- 4:30pm finish on chosen days
- Social events such as drinks etc.