Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor with shown experience for a Main Contractor or Consultancy is required to join a global construction consultancy in central London. You will be working on projects in the water / utility sector involving heavy civil engineering, pipelines, and processing plants. This is a great opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor in the London area to showcase their skills with an international and highly reputable consultancy.
You will be working on projects in the water / utility sector as a Senior Quantity Surveyor, more specifically involving heavy civil engineering, pipelines, and processing plants.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be responsible for the following duties as Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Working closely with multidisciplinary teams
- Assessing, understanding, and assisting in the delivery of pre and post contract services as Quantity Surveyor
- Validation of cost structures
- Production of accurate cost estimates
- Providing interim payment applications
- Giving procurement advice
- Assessing variations and working on claim assessments, defending contractor claims where necessary
- Cost reporting for clients
- Taking ownership and responsibility for your work
- Taking responsibility for the management of more junior Quantity Surveyors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in the water / utilities, civil engineering, power, or general infrastructure sectors is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills are desired for the successful candidate
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor for a Consultancy, Client or a Main Contractor
- Degree qualified or equivalent is strongly desired, preferably in construction related discipline.
- On route to or have achieved MRICS status is desired, or at least willing to undertake.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a global consultancy in construction. They provide various construction services in sectors including building, civil and infrastructure, industrial, Oil and Gas / petrochemical, and the power sector. They maintain a vast network of offices on various continents, and provide unrivalled training, exposure and opportunities to some of the most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a highly competitive benefits package.