Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7076 Job Posted 01/10/2018 Region London Location Central London Salary £40k - £60k + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join the central London office of an international consultancy that offer a range of services in the building and infrastructure sectors. You will be responsible for the provision of pre and post contract services predominantly on hotel refurbishments as a Senior Quantity Surveyor but also have scope to work on university and high end residential projects, all between £4m and £25m in project value.
You will predominantly work on hotel refurbishment projects, and also university and high end residential projects in the future. Most projects will range from £4m - £25m.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Taking projects from feasibility stage through to completion
- Taking the lead on projects you are involved in, being fully responsible for the cost management process
- Management/mentoring of Junior Quantity Surveyors
- Act in a client facing role, assisting in bringing in new business
- Preparation of tender reports
- Analysis and evaluation of tender reports
- Handling post tender qualification documents and procedures
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Reviewing the preparation of cost plans
- Preparation of recommendations for award for contractor packages
- Attending meetings with clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Shown experience for a professional quantity surveying firm is essential
- Shown ability to take ownership of a project from feasibility stage through to final account as a Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Shown ability to be client facing and deliver services consistently to a high standard
- Competent IT skills, including all Microsoft Packages
- Good communication skills
- Ambition to help the company grow
- Management or mentoring of Junior Quantity Surveyors is preferred but not essential
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or RICS accredited course is strongly preferred
- MRICS qualified is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are an international consultancy in the construction sector operating across various sectors. They operate various UK offices and are currently very busy in the hotel refurbishment, university and high end residential sectors. They offer cost management, project management and dispute resolution services in the UK and overseas.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend