Senior Quantity Surveyor
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a fantastic consultancy practice in Central London. The ideal candidate will be someone with cost consultancy experience and able to run their own building sector projects, with a route to partnership if you show ambition to progress. You will work in a variety of sectors within the built environment, in the public and private sectors on projects up to £30m in value.
Projects will include (but not limited to) commercial, high end residential, retail fit – out, listed buildings, education, transport, park projects. The company work unrestricted sector-wise, so invaluable experience can be gained on an extensive range of projects. As Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will not be restricted by sector unlike with many other consultancies. Project values will usually range up to £30m in value, though there is no limited capacity to what the consultancy works on.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Act in a client facing role taking the commercial lead on projects
- Aid in the guidance and mentoring of more junior level Quantity Surveyors
- Preparation of tender reports
- Analysis, evaluation/assessment of tender reports
- Feasibility studies
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
- Handling post tender qualification documents & procedures
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Generally run projects from start to finish as the lead Quantity Surveyor.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will have the ability to act in a client facing role as a Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Some experience working for a Consultancy
- Pre and Post contract experience, including Estimating
- Quantity Surveying experience on building sector projects
- Degree qualification is strongly preferred in relevant discipline such as Quantity Surveying or similar
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a fantastic construction consultancy with multiple offices in the UK. The company are not limited by project sector though tend to focus on the built environment. They have fantastic progression opportunities within, allowing for staff to progress to partner level within a relatively short timescale if you have the ambition to do so. They have a very strong staff retention rate.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company pay a very competitive salary and package.