Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8073 Job Posted 01/10/2018 Region London Location Central London Salary £55k - £60k + benefits package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join a thriving Central London office of a global construction consultancy. You will work in a Cost Management role, interfacing with clients on a regular basis to perform a first class Cost Management role on exciting projects in the civils and infrastructure sector.
You will work on projects in the civil engineering and infrastructure sectors of construction as a main focus.
Responsibilities and Duties
• To perform the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor to a first class level
• Be able to interface with the client, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management service
• Be a Senior Quantity Surveyor who assists in business development, bid writing and work winning, utilizing market knowledge to fuel sector growth
• Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as the Senior Quantity Surveyor
• Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving the specialist Value Management team
• Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
• Working with Directors to construct bids for new work
• Have the ability to manage or mentor more junior Quantity Surveyors whilst maintaining your own workload
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor working for a consultancy is essential
- A steady career path as a Quantity Surveyor is strongly preferred
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the infrastructure, civil engineering or rail sectors is essential
• Degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar is desired
• Full or on route to full membership of the RICS, InstCES or other relevant body is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a leading international construction consultancy with offices worldwide. The company work on major projects in all sectors and are considered a market leader in delivering some of the largest and most prestigious construction projects on the globe.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a leading benefit package including pension contribution (x2 of what you contribute up to 6% [maximum +12% on top]), bonus each year, health cover, 25 days holiday with option to buy/sell holiday days, and option to carry 10 days holiday over per year and maintain into following years.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend