Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to work on a new build £multi-billion highways project from Central London. As the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be integral in the design, estimating and procurement phase of this major highways project. You will be joining a global consultancy in construction and engineering services.
You will act as the Senior Quantity Surveyor on the design and procurement phase of a £multi-billion new build highways project. Your role will continue into post contract works as the Senior Quantity Surveyor as the project progresses, along with potential promotions depending on your performance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Undergo the role of client side Senior Quantity Surveyor, initially on the design and estimating stage of the project
- Landmarking of the design contractor
- Payments and change
- Procurement of the first phase
- Commercial strategy input
- Post contract variations and claims
- Work closely with the Project Management teams
- Attend client and contractor meetings as the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Assist in the management and development of more junior Quantity Surveyors throughout the project
Desired Skills and Experience
- NEC contract experience is strongly preferred, or strong experience of other contracts to show the ability to diversify into using the NEC such as FIDIC or IChemE
- Experience on large civils and infrastructure sector projects is essential
- Experience working on the Consultancy, Main Contracting or Client Side are all considered
- Degree qualified
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a global construction consultancy which is growing in the UK. They work on landmark projects and offer fantastic career progression.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a highly competitive salary and package.